Apply to Become a VISTA
Apply to the Program
To apply to the Church Health AmeriCorps Community Engagement team, you will need to apply through My AmeriCorps. Once you create an account and create an application, search for the position you wish to apply for within the My AmeriCorps system.
How to Apply
1. Create an AmeriCorps Account by visiting the My AmeriCorps website.
2. In your My AmeriCorps portal, create a general application.
3. Search for the “position description title” in the My AmeriCorps portal.
4. Select the appropriate listing, review your information, and when ready, click the “Apply Now!” button and follow the instructions that follow.
Application and Decision Periods
Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the AmeriCorps supervisor. Selected candidates will move on to a second round of applicants. The second round may require an interview and a written statement.
All applicants will be contacted regarding the status of application no later than June 1, 2019. Selected applicants will be nominated by the Church Health AmeriCorps supervisor for acceptance into the AmeriCorps VISTA program. Selected applicants must accept this nomination by no later than June 5 in their My AmeriCorps account before formally being accepted into the program.
- If you’ve applied for one of our other programs, such as the Church Health Scholars, you can use much of the same information for the AmeriCorps application.
- When searching for position posting in the My AmeriCorps portal, make sure to select the appropriate information – either “AmeriCorps VISTA” or “AmeriCorps VISTA Leader” for program type, “Tennessee” as State, and input “Church Health Community Engagement Corps” as the program name.
What You Will Need for Your Application
- Education experience
- Work experience information
- Volunteer experience information
- Two letters of recommendation