The Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist (Quality Improvement Department) overall purpose is to collect, analyze, and interpret data filtered into actionable opportunities for improvement in support of population health of the Church Health patient panel while maximizing value-based care coordination through resource collaboration to engage in targeted patient outreach. This position will further the education of staff on improvement methodologies, processes, and culture to sustain a work environment built on continuous evaluation and improvement by maintaining consistent reporting. This position will also articulate quality of care and patient care needs to guide data-based clinical decision making. To accomplish these tasks, this position will report to the Coordinator, Quality & Research.
- Serves to observe needs and disparities in patient population in effort to improve via care coordination; data will be used to make data-drive strategic decisions for guiding resources based on need.
- Maintains necessary Church Health functions to excel in Centers for Medicare and Medicaid clinical quality requirements (ie CMS Quality Payment Program) including, but not limited to working to define and improve upon clinical workflows, EMR documentation auditing, and collaborating with clinical teams to improve patient health outcome performance.
- Analyzes population and patient data related to clinical care and outcomes, to evaluate performance, reveal trends, identify opportunities, and leverage health information technology to improve patient engagement and outcomes.
- Stays abreast on current legislature changes in healthcare landscape in effort to maximize medical reimbursement for Church Health patient care.
- Performs clinical reporting and data entry to further Church Health continuous quality improvement work.
- Maintains responsibility for all cycles of data management by regularly pull reports from EMR and update data documentation.
- Maintains data integrity of these strategically important metrics with regular presentation and communication of the data collected.
- Assists with Quality Improvement culture and work at Church Health including, but not limited to promoting education of staff in quality improvement methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Facilitates the CH Quality Improvement Curriculum and serve as a consult for QI work on projects.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Administration and Medical Clinic teams on value-based care work to maintain and increase Population Health of Church Health patient panel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Healthcare Administration, Public Health or other related field from an accredited College or University required.
- No experience required, though experience managing and communicating data preferred.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledgeable in compiling, organizing, and analyzing data is essential to the success of this position.
- Possess skill in understanding and communicating, both written and orally, data to staff at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include an ability to work in a team environment and lead team-based projects.
- Must possess high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and Power Point are strongly preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Church Health offers competitive wages to attract and retain employees with great skills and ideas that align with our mission, and to reward achievement. Regular performance reviews are held between each employee and his or her direct manager to ensure that achievements are recognized, and that goals and expectations are being met.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Church Health offers employees working 20 or more hours per week group major medical, vision and dental coverage, effective the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Medical and vision is currently offered through BlueCross BlueShield of TN. Dependent coverage is also available. The organization currently pays approximately 50% - 80% of premiums dependent upon coverage level and number of hours worked per week.
Affordable dental coverage is currently available through Delta Dental of TN, and spouse and dependent dental coverage is also available.
Flexible Spending Accounts &
Health Savings Accounts
Church Health offers two flexible spending account options, allowing you to save and pay for you and your family’s eligible medical, dental, vision and childcare expenses.
For participants in the High Deductible Health Plan, Church Health offers an HSA. Church Health also offers a one-time lump sum and a per pay period match for those who enroll in an HSA!
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Church Health offers basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to employees. This also covers a spouse and dependent children at no cost to the employee. Employees may purchase additional supplemental group term life and AD&D for themselves, their spouses, and dependent children.
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Church Health offers short term and long term disability coverage at no cost to employees after 90 days of employment. Short term coverage pays 70% of an employee’s eligible pay for up to 11 weeks. Long term coverage pays 60% of an employee’s eligible wages after short term has been exhausted. Employees must be on an approved leave of absence.
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may participate in a 401(K) deferred compensation plan that is designed to provide income for all covered employees beyond the working years. Church Health will contribute a 3% safe harbor after one year of service and match up to an additional 1% if the employee participates.
Paid Time Off (PTO) is a benefit provided to full-time and regular part-time employees each year based on years of service and scheduled hours per week. PTO is accrued throughout the year and employees are eligible to use their accrued PTO after 90 days of employment. Employees working less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for PTO.
Church Health also observes 10 paid holidays per year.
Employee Assistance Program
All employees and members of their household have access to Church Health’s EAP provided by Lincoln Financial Group. This service offers free and confidential assistance on topics ranging from stress management to substance abuse.
Church Health offers various opportunities for professional development, including Church Health University, our Quality Curriculum Course and external training and seminars such as Dale Carnegie Training.
Staff Health Program
All employees are eligible for Church Health's Staff Health Program. Participants are rewarded in cash or PTO (if eligible for PTO) based on the number of points earned for making healthy decisions and participating in other events and activities.
ABOUT CHURCH HEALTH
Church Health has served people since 1987 with our clinical services and outreach programs. Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Church Health, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.