- This event has passed.
Faithful Families Training
October 16 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on October 31, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Become a trained volunteer for the Faithful Families program at local churches!
All volunteers must attend a two-day training. Dates are Oct. 16, 2019 and Oct. 31, 2019 from 5-8 p.m. All volunteers must be willing to learn how to demo healthy recipes, incorporate physical activity and spiritual teachings to help your congregation move towards better health.
Location and Parking
Class is in the Church Health Nutrition Hub, located in the Crosstown Concourse West Atrium. All parking at Crosstown is free.
- Training and all class materials are free.
- Participants must wear closed-toe shoes at each training session.
- Participants must attend both training sessions.
Trained church volunteer requirements:
- Share responsibility on a team with a medical student volunteer and a Program Assistant from UT Extension Institute of Agriculture.
- You will be responsible to lead, co-lead and coordinate nine sessions for your congregation. After your training, you will tailor those 9 sessions to fit your congregation’s needs and schedule. Classes can be as flexible as your church needs them to be. (For example: weekly, bi-weekly or quarterly)
Your congregation’s facility will need the following*:
- Cooking space for 25 people
- A sink
- Space for a projector
- Knives (At least 3 types: paring, chef’s and serrated)
- Set of 3 mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Liquid measuring cups (1 cup and 4 cups)
- Electric skillet or stove oven
- Baking sheets
- Can openers
- Cutting boards
- Vegetable graters
- Mixing spoons
- Can strainers
- Food thermometers
Trained medical student volunteer requirements:
- Share responsibility on a team with a Church Volunteer and a Program Assistant from UT Extension Institute of Agriculture.
- You will be responsible to lead, co-lead or coordinate nine sessions for your congregation.