Community Cooking Classes | Beginner Level | Fall 2019 (Evening)
September 3 @ 5:30 pm - October 8 @ 7:30 pm
ABOUT THE SERIES
In Church Health’s Community Culinary Medicine Cooking classes, you’ll learn how to make meals that are as nutritious as they are delicious! Our curriculum is based on the nine principles of the Mediterranean Diet.
Each class includes:
- Simple, healthful concepts you can practice in your own kitchen.
- Strategies for meal planning and shopping on a budget.
- Helpful information on how different foods and cooking techniques can help you eat well, get healthy and stay healthy!
Best of all, at the end of each class, we get to eat all the delicious dishes we cook!
TIME AND LOCATION
Classes are each Tuesday, Sept. 3-Oct. 8 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the Church Health Nutrition Hub at Crosstown Concourse. Enter the Crosstown West Atrium and the kitchen will be on your right. All parking at Crosstown Concourse is free.
BEFORE YOU ENROLL
Each class series includes six sessions, and each session lasts two hours. Participants must be age 16 and up; children are not permitted in the kitchen during class. We ask that you commit to the series in its entirety, attending at least 75% of the scheduled sessions.
Why am I unable to register?
There are a couple reasons why you might be unable to register.
1. Registration is not open. Registration opens one month before the class series begins.
2. Class is full. Our cooking classes tend to fill up quickly. Please add your name to the waitlist and we will contact you if space becomes available.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Participants must be age 16 and up.
What can I bring into the event?
For your safety, closed-toe shoes are required. You will not be able to participate in class if you do not wear closed-toe shoes.