Church Health has an opening for a full time MD or DO Family Practitioner in its Clinic. The overall purpose of this position is to identify, evaluate and address disease prevention and health care issues of the Church Health population while administering quality patient care. The responsibilities also include education of patients and/or families about preventative care, medical issues and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications. The position may also include precepting/supervision of Family Medicine residents in our teaching program.
- Diagnose medical and surgical problems and prescribe necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data. Providers are expected to work in the outpatient setting; there are no hospital duties. After hours call duties consist of telephone coverage for the practice and are rotated among all the medical providers on a weekly basis.
- Take patient history, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the electronic patient’s record; Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Perform therapeutic procedures such as cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes, other procedural skills for which the provider has training and competency.
- Review statistical reports and analyses setting forth individual provider as well as clinic population health progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Adheres to all Church Health ’s work-site rules, policies, and procedures.
- May perform other duties as required or deemed necessary by Church Health and/or the Medical Director.
- Medical school and graduate medical education from an accredited institution of medicine
- License to practice medicine in State of Tennessee
- At least two (2) years of experience as a Primary Care Provider
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to make effective decisions related to patient care which requires assessing, evaluating, and planning care, and appropriate application of established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of, and ability to comply with, codes, and standards related to OSHA, CLIA, HIPAA and other agencies regulating health care providers.
- Position would require little supervision; however provider must work in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation and collaboration.
Compensation & Benefits
Church Health offers competitive wages to attract and retain employees with great skills and ideas that align with our mission, and to reward achievement. Regular performance reviews are held between each employee and his or her direct manager to ensure that achievements are recognized, and that goals and expectations are being met.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Church Health offers employees working 20 or more hours per week group major medical, vision and dental coverage, effective the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Medical and vision is currently offered through BlueCross BlueShield of TN. Dependent coverage is also available. The organization currently pays approximately 50% - 80% of premiums dependent upon coverage level and number of hours worked per week.
Affordable dental coverage is currently available through Delta Dental of TN, and spouse and dependent dental coverage is also available.
Flexible Spending Accounts &
Health Savings Accounts
Church Health offers two flexible spending account options, allowing you to save and pay for you and your family’s eligible medical, dental, vision and childcare expenses.
For participants in the High Deductible Health Plan, Church Health offers an HSA. Church Health also offers a one-time lump sum and a per pay period match for those who enroll in an HSA!
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Church Health offers basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to employees. This also covers a spouse and dependent children at no cost to the employee. Employees may purchase additional supplemental group term life and AD&D for themselves, their spouses, and dependent children.
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Church Health offers short term and long term disability coverage at no cost to employees after 90 days of employment. Short term coverage pays 70% of an employee’s eligible pay for up to 11 weeks. Long term coverage pays 60% of an employee’s eligible wages after short term has been exhausted. Employees must be on an approved leave of absence.
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may participate in a 401(K) deferred compensation plan that is designed to provide income for all covered employees beyond the working years. Church Health will contribute a 3% safe harbor after one year of service and match up to an additional 1% if the employee participates.
Paid Time Off (PTO) is a benefit provided to full-time and regular part-time employees each year based on years of service and scheduled hours per week. PTO is accrued throughout the year and employees are eligible to use their accrued PTO after 90 days of employment. Employees working less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for PTO.
Church Health also observes 10 paid holidays per year.
Employee Assistance Program
All employees and members of their household have access to Church Health’s EAP provided by Lincoln Financial Group. This service offers free and confidential assistance on topics ranging from stress management to substance abuse.
Church Health offers various opportunities for professional development, including Church Health University, our Quality Curriculum Course and external training and seminars such as Dale Carnegie Training.
Staff Health Program
All employees are eligible for Church Health's Staff Health Program. Participants are rewarded in cash or PTO (if eligible for PTO) based on the number of points earned for making healthy decisions and participating in other events and activities.
ABOUT CHURCH HEALTH
Church Health has served people since 1987 with our clinical services and outreach programs. Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Church Health, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.