The HR Generalist will be responsible for providing broad human resources support to the organization. Knowledge of and ability to perform a variety of functions within the human resources disciplines and practices. Areas of support include training, recruiting, compensation practices, benefits, performance management, change management, employee relations, learning and development, payroll administration or any other area of human resources. Excellent communication and facilitation skills, including interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
The HR Generalist position consists of a variety of tasks that include:
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process and work closely with hiring managers as a trusted advisor throughout the process. Coordinate requisitions, internal and external job posting, applicant/candidate correspondence, interview schedules, references, offer letters, drug screens and background checks, requisition closeout, new employee set-up and on-boarding.
- Work with Communications to develop appropriate marketing strategies for open positions.
- Research, develop, recommend and deliver employee and management trainings to prepare workforce to achieve organizational objectives and workforce learning initiatives.
- Works closely with Workforce Development Coordinator and management to improve relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Partner with work groups to integrate culture initiatives and learning initiatives throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- SPHR/PHR or other Human Resources certification preferred.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Business acumen and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Cultural awareness and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- HR expertise.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with HRIS systems.
Compensation & Benefits
Church Health offers competitive wages to attract and retain employees with great skills and ideas that align with our mission, and to reward achievement. Regular performance reviews are held between each employee and his or her direct manager to ensure that achievements are recognized, and that goals and expectations are being met.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Church Health offers employees working 20 or more hours per week group major medical, vision and dental coverage, effective the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Medical and vision is currently offered through BlueCross BlueShield of TN. Dependent coverage is also available. The organization currently pays approximately 50% - 80% of premiums dependent upon coverage level and number of hours worked per week.
Affordable dental coverage is currently available through Delta Dental of TN, and spouse and dependent dental coverage is also available.
Flexible Spending Accounts &
Health Savings Accounts
Church Health offers two flexible spending account options, allowing you to save and pay for you and your family’s eligible medical, dental, vision and childcare expenses.
For participants in the High Deductible Health Plan, Church Health offers an HSA. Church Health also offers a one-time lump sum and a per pay period match for those who enroll in an HSA!
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Church Health offers basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to employees. This also covers a spouse and dependent children at no cost to the employee. Employees may purchase additional supplemental group term life and AD&D for themselves, their spouses, and dependent children.
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Church Health offers short term and long term disability coverage at no cost to employees after 90 days of employment. Short term coverage pays 70% of an employee’s eligible pay for up to 11 weeks. Long term coverage pays 60% of an employee’s eligible wages after short term has been exhausted. Employees must be on an approved leave of absence.
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may participate in a 401(K) deferred compensation plan that is designed to provide income for all covered employees beyond the working years. Church Health will contribute a 3% safe harbor after one year of service and match up to an additional 1% if the employee participates.
Paid Time Off (PTO) is a benefit provided to full-time and regular part-time employees each year based on years of service and scheduled hours per week. PTO is accrued throughout the year and employees are eligible to use their accrued PTO after 90 days of employment. Employees working less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for PTO.
Church Health also observes 10 paid holidays per year.
Employee Assistance Program
All employees and members of their household have access to Church Health’s EAP provided by Lincoln Financial Group. This service offers free and confidential assistance on topics ranging from stress management to substance abuse.
Church Health offers various opportunities for professional development, including Church Health University, our Quality Curriculum Course and external training and seminars such as Dale Carnegie Training.
Staff Health Program
All employees are eligible for Church Health's Staff Health Program. Participants are rewarded in cash or PTO (if eligible for PTO) based on the number of points earned for making healthy decisions and participating in other events and activities.
ABOUT CHURCH HEALTH
Church Health has served people since 1987 with our clinical services and outreach programs. Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Church Health, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.