Church Health currently has an opening for a Nurse Manager, for the Family Medicine Clinic. The purpose of this position is to manage the daily operations of the Church Health Family Medicine Clinic, in order to provide the highest quality care and the best experience for our patients.
Interested candidates should possess abilities in change management with strong nursing, leadership and communication skills. Candidates will be expected to work collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical leaders. Overall candidates should demonstrate a passion for working with the underserved in Shelby County.
- Supervising the work of the Nurses, Medical Assistants, Volunteers, Interpreters and Ancillary personnel.
- Working with providers, residency faculty and residents to establish and apply standards of care/practice and enforce policies, procedures and processes utilizing the Church Health work flow.
- Working with team and leadership to ensure clinic compliance in HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA, Title VI, VFC, emergency response, etc.
- Working collaboratively with other Church Health leadership to establish clinical strategy, budgets, policies and processes.
- Leading and sustaining improvement efforts around efficiency and health outcomes in collaboration with Church Health and residency leadership.
- Planning and facilitating clinic and patient flow process.
- Effectively trouble shoot and problem solve issues with patients and staff.
- Promoting positive communication, customer service and team building.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing
- BSN required
- 5 years of nursing experience as an RN
- At least 2 years of leadership, management or Charge Nurse experience
- Experience in working in family medicine, residency, pediatrics, public health or a multilingual setting is preferred and strongly considered.
Compensation & Benefits
Church Health offers competitive wages to attract and retain employees with great skills and ideas that align with our mission, and to reward achievement. Regular performance reviews are held between each employee and his or her direct manager to ensure that achievements are recognized, and that goals and expectations are being met.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Church Health offers employees working 20 or more hours per week group major medical, vision and dental coverage, effective the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Medical and vision is currently offered through BlueCross BlueShield of TN. Dependent coverage is also available. The organization currently pays approximately 50% - 80% of premiums dependent upon coverage level and number of hours worked per week.
Affordable dental coverage is currently available through Delta Dental of TN, and spouse and dependent dental coverage is also available.
Flexible Spending Accounts &
Health Savings Accounts
Church Health offers two flexible spending account options, allowing you to save and pay for you and your family’s eligible medical, dental, vision and childcare expenses.
For participants in the High Deductible Health Plan, Church Health offers an HSA. Church Health also offers a one-time lump sum and a per pay period match for those who enroll in an HSA!
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Church Health offers basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to employees. This also covers a spouse and dependent children at no cost to the employee. Employees may purchase additional supplemental group term life and AD&D for themselves, their spouses, and dependent children.
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Church Health offers short term and long term disability coverage at no cost to employees after 90 days of employment. Short term coverage pays 70% of an employee’s eligible pay for up to 11 weeks. Long term coverage pays 60% of an employee’s eligible wages after short term has been exhausted. Employees must be on an approved leave of absence.
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may participate in a 401(K) deferred compensation plan that is designed to provide income for all covered employees beyond the working years. Church Health will contribute a 3% safe harbor after one year of service and match up to an additional 1% if the employee participates.
Paid Time Off (PTO) is a benefit provided to full-time and regular part-time employees each year based on years of service and scheduled hours per week. PTO is accrued throughout the year and employees are eligible to use their accrued PTO after 90 days of employment. Employees working less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for PTO.
Church Health also observes 10 paid holidays per year.
Employee Assistance Program
All employees and members of their household have access to Church Health’s EAP provided by Lincoln Financial Group. This service offers free and confidential assistance on topics ranging from stress management to substance abuse.
Church Health offers various opportunities for professional development, including Church Health University, our Quality Curriculum Course and external training and seminars such as Dale Carnegie Training.
Staff Health Program
All employees are eligible for Church Health's Staff Health Program. Participants are rewarded in cash or PTO (if eligible for PTO) based on the number of points earned for making healthy decisions and participating in other events and activities.
ABOUT CHURCH HEALTH
Church Health has served people since 1987 with our clinical services and outreach programs. Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Church Health, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.