The Accounts Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the MEMPHIS Plan database of employers, employees, dependents, physicians and practices. This position is responsible for all information needs coming from the database including employer and employee enrollments, assignment of physicians, eligibility verification, and custom queries. This position is responsible for the billing process to include generating the billing register, invoices and Accounts Receivable using MP Bill and making sure billing is accurate and timely. This position also handles the recording of cash receipts and ACH Reporting for the MEMPHIS Plan and insurance subsidies.
- Maintaining accurate MEMPHIS Plan database information, including Plan enrollments, terminations, benefit changes for participants and employers, and tax return data.
- Enter all tax return data for self-employed and MP Direct.
- Ensure compliance with MEMPHIS Plan policies prior to enrolling participants and employers.
- Use the database to create all reports and materials necessary for enrollments.
- Oversees workflow of enrollments, terminations, billing, recurring monthly bank
- drafts/insufficient funds, cash/miscellaneous adjustments ,and monthly cash balancing.
- Manage accounting processes for insurance premiums and subsidies.
- Compile accounting reports to those entities.
- Use the Billing System create invoices, Billing Register and Aged Accounts Receivable each month.
- Preparing “past due” letters and communicating with employers to collect money due.
- Handling billing inquiries from employers and resolving billing disputes.
- Responsible for entering daily cash receipts in financial database as well as accurately modifying /adding ACH customers and posting monthly bank draft and NSF entries and providing Accounting with all necessary reports by deadline.
- Balancing cash and ACH postings daily; preparing a month-end balance report.
- Monitor status changes and generate terminations related to: (1) 16 year olds needing hospitalization change, 65 year olds \needing to be terminated due to Medicare coverage and (2) 26 year olds Dependent Changes.
- Make appropriate changes to coverage and notify appropriate parties.
- Oversee compilation and dissemination of enrollment packages for employers and employees.
- Assisting in answering MEMPHIS Plan multi-line telephone system and provide general
- MP information to participants, employers, prospective employers and consumers.
- Enroll participants/consumers onto the MEMPHIS Plan, Marketplace or other qualified health plan.
- Make sure information is prepared for volunteer to assemble.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College and/or University is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in an office environment is preferred.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Outstanding written, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be proficient at data entry and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and Power Point are strongly preferred.