The Benefits Administrator’s overall purpose is to administer all benefit plans and assist employees with enrollment in all Benefit Programs, including group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, COBRA, worker’s compensation, 401(k), life insurance, flexible spending plans, and HSA Plans.
- Administer employee benefits programs as well as with benefits enrollments, plan changes and benefit related claims, prepare and conduct benefits meetings.
- Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits enrollment systems, prepare and distribute benefits enrollment materials and document administrative procedures for benefit enrollments.
- Serve as primary contact with carriers and third-party administrators, responds to benefits inquiries from employees relating to status changes, plan provisions, and other general inquiries.
- Process leave of absence requests, disability paperwork, FMLA, medical and personal leaves.
- Process, review and respond to unemployment claims and workers comp claims with appropriate documentation. Review unemployment statements.
- Reconcile bills by producing and balancing to reports to ensure accuracy of billing.
- Process monthly billings and administrative fees for all group plans accurately and timely.
- Research, explore, recommend, design and implement new programs to ensure best plans, value and options for employees.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files, maintain group benefits database and update employee records.
- Prepare employee reports for budget, incentive programs and other benefits reporting requirements and requests.
- Administer PTO program, including rollover and sick leave. Serve as lead resource for input, maintenance and quality checks of benefits in HRIS system.
- Acts as a liaison to payroll processor to accurately update employee records.
- Compile a variety of reports to get maximum utilization of the HRIS system including compliance reports and ad hoc reports.
- Enter and ensure the accuracy of all benefits information in the HRIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College and/or University in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related fields required. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- 3 -5 years’ experience administering benefits and extensive knowledge of HR functions with an emphasis in benefits.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations filing and compliance requirements and other laws affecting benefit programs including ACA, ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, interpersonal, and group presentation skills.
- Possess strong ability in exercising good independent judgment, paying attention to details, prioritizing and handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently.