The Director of Clinical Administration is responsible for oversight of the Healthcare Advisory Team (MEMPHIS Plan), the revenue cycle of the Church Health clinics, the phone and front desk customer service support for Church Health, and the Church Health healthcare-related components of our compliance program.
Revenue Cycle Management – This position monitors revenue cycles for all clinical service lines and facilitates process improvement as needed to achieve organizational goals.
- Sets processes for billing, cash receipts processing and collections
- Monitors accounts receivable and bad debt
- Manages third-party reimbursement sources and processes
- Creates and monitors budget for medical clinic revenue for self-pay and insured patients, as well as other third-party reimbursement sources
Insurance Plan Management – This position serves as the primary liaison with contracted insurance plans.
- Negotiates plan contracts, when possible.
- Recommends which plans the organization should participate in and at what level.
- Manages flow of insured patients to meet the organization’s business and missional objectives, as well as insurance contract requirements.
Practice Management – This position directs overall practice management functions for Church Health clinical services lines. This includes:
- Patient eligibility: screening for insurance plan eligibility and keeping patient account records current with income and residency requirements
- Medical records: supervises medical records management
- Compliance: serves on Compliance Committee and stays current with healthcare compliance requirements related to privacy, security, medical records, and billing and coding processes.
- Healthcare provider onboarding and offboarding: manages required processes for all staff, contracted, and volunteer healthcare providers to begin and end work at Church Health.
Healthcare Advisory Team – This position is responsible for the direction and management of all aspects of the Healthcare Advisory Team including:
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Sales and marketing
- Office operations and financial activities
- MEMPHIS Plan participant and employer relations
- MEMPHIS Plan primary care volunteer provider relations
Patient Services – This position works to ensure an environment is present where staff and patients treat each other with respect in all interactions. Specifically, this position directs customer service support and the patient experience of the medical clinics. This includes:
- Clinic front desk staff and processes
- Central incoming line phone staff and processes
- Schedule management and processes for medical clinic
- Patient communication pathways – mailings, portal, text messages
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the healthcare field.
- Master’s preferred in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Business, or other related fields.
- Minimum ten years of experience in a business (preferably service-oriented) environment, with at least seven years direct management experience of both professional and clerical staff.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Consult with other Integrated Health Directors for decisions impacting multiple areas.
- Planning, implementing, evaluating, and maintaining many workflows, processes, and strategies of Church Health’s Clinical Administration.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the MEMPHIS Plan Act of 1991 as amended in 1999 (state law) and for ensuring compliance with State and Federal regulations impacting clinical operations.
- Expected to solve most problems independently but would seek counsel from peer group or Senior Director when needed.