The Insurance Sales Agent (Church Health MEMPHIS Plan/Clinical Administration) is responsible for the complete sales process in generating new clients, maintaining existing client relationships and conducting insurance enrollments to meet goals and objectives.
*This position has a Base Salary + Uncapped Commission
- Generate prospects, schedule appointments, make presentations and accurately complete enrollments to meet monthly quota.
- Prepare weekly reports summarizing all activities.
- Maintain relationships with new and existing clients, continually striving to increase the number of enrollees for each client.
- Schedule and conduct enrollment sessions for client’s employees.
- Develop and promote relationships with various professional, community, social service and industry-related organizations to create continued awareness of Church Health HAT, promote use of MEMPHIS Plan, and enrollment in other eligible programs.
- Possibly represent HAT as a speaker at events.
- Conduct outreach and education sessions within the greater Memphis community to create awareness of HAT’s services.
- Foster relationships with social service organizations to connect the communities they serve with applicable affordable healthcare programs and help individuals increase their health literacy.
- Train employer after initial enrollment for client-conducted enrollments.
- Assess eligibility of employees for all applicable programs and submit complete, accurate applications to the appropriate program within the monthly deadline.
- Demonstrates and exhibits Church Health organizational values of respect; fairness; stewardship; resource conservation; promotion and maintenance of physical/spiritual well-being.
- Generates new ideas and practices self-development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Healthcare, Business or other related field from an accredited College or University required.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a business (preferably service-oriented) environment and/or insurance sales.
- This position requires a valid State of Tennessee Health and Life Insurance Producer License or must be obtained in the first 45 days, and it must be maintained.
- ACA Healthcare Navigator or Certified Application Counselor certification is a plus, but is not required.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare and potential changes to health policy.
- Ability to understand, implement and manage sales processes and proven sales skills with ability to close deals.
- Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and Power Point are strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Possess skills in systemize procedures that require both manual and software-aided processes.
- Goal oriented with a focus on helping people make the right choice for their healthcare situation.
- Strong knowledge in managing billing and collections.