The Insurance Sales Manager (MEMPHIS Plan/Clinical Administration) directly oversees the different pathways to care including Church Health Medical Clinic, Urgent Care Clinic and Volunteer Doctor Community. This position is responsible for the direction and management of all aspects of the MEMPHIS Plan Health Advisory Team (HAT) including strategic planning, budgeting; sales, marketing, operating and financial activities.
This position has a Base Salary + Uncapped Commission
- Enter all tax return data for self-employed and MP Direct.
- Oversee the operations, sales, customer relations, and staff of Insurance Sales/HAT.
- Direct all customer service, business processes, and operational aspects of the MEMPHIS Plan, including the enrollment processing and database management; billing, cash receipts processing and collections for 5,000+ participants.
- Develop and promote relationships with various professional, community, and industry related organizations to create continued awareness of Church Health, MEMPHIS Plan, and all medical services.
- Represent Church Health as a speaker at speaking engagements.
- Manage relationships with 1500 active employers and 300+ volunteer medical providers. Responsible for internal and external reporting.
- Develop and manage the execution of sales and marketing plan and strategies to meet the annual target number for new enrollments.
- Monitor terminations and ensure that annual net enrollment meets goal.
- Oversight of creation and maintenance of marketing materials.
- Develop and administer monthly quotas and commission plans.
- Ensure that financial objectives in the budget are met, including revenue targets and expense control.
- Responsible for timely creation of and monitoring of budget for MEMPHIS Plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Healthcare, Business or other related field from an accredited College or University required.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a business (preferably service-oriented) environment and/or sales, with at least three years direct management experience of both professionals and clerical staff.
- Experience in customer service, sales, developing, achieving and managing a budget that requires both revenue generation and expense management is preferred.
- This position requires a valid State of Tennessee Health and Life Insurance Producer License or must be obtained in the first 45 days, and it must be maintained
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to understand, implement and manage sales processes and proven sales skills with ability to close deals.
- Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and Power Point are strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Possess skills in systemize procedures that require both manual and software-aided processes.
- Goal oriented with a focus on helping people make the right choice for their healthcare situation.
- Strong knowledge in managing billing and collections.