The MEMPHIS Plan Marketing Representative (Church Health MEMPHIS Plan) is responsible for the complete sales process in generating new clients, maintaining existing client relationships, and conducting insurance enrollments to meet goals and objectives.
- Generate prospects, schedule appointments, make presentations and accurately complete enrollments to meet monthly quota.
- Prepare weekly reports summarizing all activities.
- Maintain relationships with new and existing clients, continually striving to increase the number of enrollees for each client.
- Schedule and conduct enrollment sessions for client’s employees.
- Develop and promote relationships with various professional, community, social service and industry related organizations to create continued awareness of Church Health HAT, promote use of MEMPHIS Plan and enrollment in other eligible programs.
- Possibly represent HAT as a speaker at events.
- Conduct outreach and education sessions within the greater Memphis community to create awareness of HAT’s services.
- Foster relationships with social service organizations to connect the communities they serve with applicable affordable healthcare programs and help individuals increase their health literacy.
- Train employer after initial enrollment for client-conducted enrollments.
- Assess eligibility of employees for all applicable programs and submit complete, accurate applications to the appropriate program within the monthly deadline.
- Demonstrates and exhibits Church Health organizational values of respect; fairness; stewardship; resource conservation; promotion and maintenance of physical/spiritual well-being.
- Generates new ideas and practices self-development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Healthcare, Business or other related field from an accredited College or University required.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a business (preferably service-oriented) environment and/or insurance sales.
- This position requires a valid State of Tennessee Health and Life Insurance Producer License or must be obtained in the first 45 days (about 1 and a half months), and it must be maintained.
- ACA (Affordable Care Act) Healthcare Navigator or Certified Application Counselor certification is a plus but is not required.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare and potential changes to health policy.
- Ability to understand, implement and manage sales processes and proven sales skills with ability to close deals.
- Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Possess skills in systemize procedures that require both manual and software-aided processes.
- Goal oriented with a focus on helping people make the right choice for their healthcare situation.
- Strong knowledge in managing billing and collections.