The Nurse Manager’s overall purpose is to direct the daily operations of the Internal Medicine/ Specialty Clinic as well as providing our patients with the highest quality care. Working alongside our providers with a wide variety of specialists, the Nurse Manager will build meaningful relationships with our patients. This is essential to the continuity of care and will positively impact health outcomes. The ideal candidate should possess strong nursing, communication and leadership skills, the ability to work collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical leadership, and a passion for helping others.
- Supervising the work of the Nurses, Medical Assistant, Volunteers, Interpreters and Ancillary Personnel.
- Working with providers to establish workflows for Urgent Care, Specialty Care Clinics (Cardiology, Urology, GYN, Orthopedics, ENT, Endocrinology).
- Applying standards of care/practice while enforcing policies, procedures and processes utilizing the Church Health workflow.
- Working with the team and leadership to ensure clinic compliance in HIPPA, CLIA, OSHA, Title VI, VFC, emergency response, etc.
- Working collaboratively with Church Health leadership to establish clinical strategy, budgets, policies and processes.
- Leading and sustaining improvement efforts around efficiency and health outcomes in collaboration with Church Health.
- Planning and facilitating clinic and patient flow processes.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving issues with patients and staff.
- Promoting positive communication, customer service recovery and team building.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing and experience to exceed 7years or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- 5 years of Nursing experience as a Registered Nurse
- At least 2 years of Leadership, Management or Charge Nurse experience
- Experience to include Medical- surgical, Cardiology, Urology, Orthopedics, ENT, Gynecology, Public Health or a multilingual setting is preferred and strongly considered
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and Power Point are strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.