The Nurse Manager’s overall purpose is to direct the daily operations of the Family Medicine Clinic as well as providing our patients with the highest quality care. Working alongside our residents, the Nurse Manager will build meaningful relationships with our patients, which is essential to continuity of care and will positively impact health outcomes. The ideal candidate should possess strong nursing, communication and leadership skills, the ability to work collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical leadership, and a passion for helping others.
- Supervising the work of the Nurses, Medical Assistants, Volunteers, Interpreters and Ancillary personnel.
- Working with providers, residency faculty and residents to establish and apply standards of care/practice and enforce policies, procedures and processes utilizing the Church Health workflow.
- Working with team and leadership to ensure clinic compliance in HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA, Title VI, VFC, emergency response, etc.
- Working collaboratively with Church Health leadership to establish clinical strategy, budgets, policies and processes.
- Leading and sustaining improvement efforts around efficiency and health outcomes in collaboration with Church Health and residency leadership.
- Planning and facilitating clinic and patient flow process.
- Effectively trouble shoot and problem solve issues with patients and staff.
- Promoting positive communication, customer service and team building.
- BSN Degree from an accredited School of Nursing required.
- 5 years of Nursing experience as a Registered Nurse.
- At least 2 years of Leadership, Management or Charge Nurse experience.
- Experience in working in Family Medicine, Residency, Pediatrics, Public Health or a multilingual setting is preferred and strongly considered.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and Power Point are strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.