The overall purpose of this position is to assist with the planning, developing, and implementation of nutrition education programs and the maintenance of the kitchen spaces to meet Department of Agriculture and Health Department standards.
- Processing and Scheduling Dietitian Referrals
Retrieve Dietitian referrals in English and Spanish on a daily basis. Call the patients to schedule an appointment with the dietitian. Update the referral and make notation in the patients EMR.
- Programming and Kitchen Operations Support
To improve nutrition and healthy dietary lifestyles of our patients and community by working with Nutrition Manager, Kitchen Operations Manager, and nutrition staff to ensure the best delivery of nutrition education programs for multiple populations (various professional and community populations). Maintain all kitchen spaces to highest level of order and cleanliness following the cleaning schedule and checklist implemented to meet Health Department and Department of Agriculture requirements. Track attendance, procure supplies, and report cost of all events in the kitchen space using the Nutrition Hub dashboard.
Demonstrate proficiency in teaching nutrition education, safe food preparation techniques and kitchen maintenance. Team teach nutrition education programming, special events for outside agencies and internal events for Church Health. Provide consultation and technical assistance to local/regional agencies and healthcare education programs in nutrition education and related areas.
- Qualtric Assistance
Provide assistance with creating schedules, sending surveys, messaging and other qualtric functions as needed.
- Culinary or Associate’s Degree in Nutrition or related field is required. Equivalent experience that includes nutrition education, food preparation, and/or teaching cooking may also be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in food preparation; planning, implementing, and evaluating a program plan; interpreting and applying scientific findings in nutrition.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Μust be able to speak and write both English and Spanish fluently.
- Knowledge of community nutrition and health programs including planning, implementation, assessment, and nutrition resources.
- Must be able to maintain flexible schedules, including evening and weekend work hours.