Job Description & Responsibilities
The Patient Service Assistant (“PSA”) will provide front desk services and /or telephone assistance to patients coming to the clinic for health care. This includes:
- Greeting and directing patients to the appropriate area for services
- Answering and accurately routing calls
- Adding new patient information to database
- Scheduling appointments
- Verifying Insurance eligibility
- Participating in patient orientation sessions as needed
- Collecting patient demographics/fees
- Preparing daily reconciliation report
- Posting/updating data in software system
- Assisting with organization and maintenance of files
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of experience in a fast-paced health care environment as a receptionist or in a similar front-desk position.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Must be able to communicate effectively on the telephone, pay attention to details, have strong computer and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations, medical care codes and industry standards.
- Bilingual Spanish and English-speaking is preferred, but not required.
- Highly accurate
- Ability to work independently
- “Customer service first” mentality