The overall purpose of this position is to oversee benefits program administration and payroll processing in compliance with government regulations, provide support to all staff in all areas of benefits, payroll and salary administration
- Administer employee benefits programs as well as with benefits enrollments, plan changes and benefit-related claims, prepare and conduct benefits meetings.
- Oversees and administers all employee benefit programs.
- Consults with brokers of benefit plans regarding benefit policies.
- Reviews monthly benefit premiums and invoices for accuracy and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Coordinates and conducts benefit open enrollment
- Prepares annual benefit analysis and employee census data including vendors.
- Oversees and assists with processing payroll for exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Maintains monthly account reconciliations relating to payroll and benefits balance sheet accounts.
- Supervises Benefits Administrator and HR Generalist, including functions of ensuring pay is processed timely and accurately and responding to employee benefits and payroll questions.
- Ensures compliance with regulations governing benefits, pay, FMLA, Disability claims, and personal leave policies.
- Administers employee termination process including conducting exit interviews, assisting and/or completing separation forms and administering final pay.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College and/or University in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related fields required. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- 3 -5 years experience administering benefits and extensive knowledge of HR functions with an emphasis in benefits.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations filing and compliance requirements and other laws affecting benefit programs including ACA, ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, interpersonal, and group presentation skills.
- Possess strong ability in exercising good independent judgment, paying attention to details, prioritizing and handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently.