The overall purpose of this job is to refill medications as requested by the provider, patient, and pharmacy. This would include assisting with the patient assistance program for refills as well.
- Fills clinic chart orders with meticulous care and attention within the specified timeframe.
- Medication orders may be received through incoming faxes, telephone calls, patient portal, or incoming pharmacy calls.
- Telephones retail and mail order pharmacies to authorize or deny refill requests.
- Assists with patient assistance program by e-prescribing medication orders to the assigned pharmacies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required. Completion of a certified Pharmacy Technician Program. State of Tennessee Pharmacy License.
- One year of experience in electronic medical record experience required.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual is preferred
- Ability to utilize knowledge acquired through certification.