The Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist (Quality Improvement Department) overall purpose is to collect, analyze, and interpret data filtered into actionable opportunities for improvement in support of population health of the Church Health patient panel while maximizing value-based care coordination through resource collaboration to engage in targeted patient outreach. This position will further the education of staff on improvement methodologies, processes, and culture to sustain a work environment built on continuous evaluation and improvement by maintaining consistent reporting. This position will also articulate quality of care and patient care needs to guide data-based clinical decision making. To accomplish these tasks, this position will report to the Coordinator, Quality & Research.
- Serves to observe needs and disparities in patient population in effort to improve via care coordination; data will be used to make data-drive strategic decisions for guiding resources based on need.
- Maintains necessary Church Health functions to excel in Centers for Medicare and Medicaid clinical quality requirements (ie CMS Quality Payment Program) including, but not limited to working to define and improve upon clinical workflows, EMR documentation auditing, and collaborating with clinical teams to improve patient health outcome performance.
- Analyzes population and patient data related to clinical care and outcomes, to evaluate performance, reveal trends, identify opportunities, and leverage health information technology to improve patient engagement and outcomes.
- Stays abreast on current legislature changes in healthcare landscape in effort to maximize medical reimbursement for Church Health patient care.
- Performs clinical reporting and data entry to further Church Health continuous quality improvement work.
- Maintains responsibility for all cycles of data management by regularly pull reports from EMR and update data documentation.
- Maintains data integrity of these strategically important metrics with regular presentation and communication of the data collected.
- Assists with Quality Improvement culture and work at Church Health including, but not limited to promoting education of staff in quality improvement methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Facilitates the CH Quality Improvement Curriculum and serve as a consult for QI work on projects.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Administration and Medical Clinic teams on value-based care work to maintain and increase Population Health of Church Health patient panel.
- Other Quality Programming duties as assigned, often through missionally aligned Strategic Objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Healthcare Administration, Public Health or other related field from an accredited College or University required.
- No experience required, though experience managing and communicating data preferred.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledgeable in compiling, organizing, and analyzing data is essential to the success of this position.
- Possess skill in understanding and communicating, both written and orally, data to staff at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include an ability to work in a team environment and lead team-based projects.
- Must possess high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are strongly preferred.