The purpose of the Subspecialty Nurse position is to assist in the management of patients’ care by reviewing reports and providing education to patients in order to accommodate patients at highest risk. Tools used include standing orders, policies and procedures, reports, and interdisciplinary teams. This position will also interact with subspecialty clinics on site and be responsible for a variety of procedures with subspeciality volunteers. Works under the supervision of the Sub-specialty nurse manager and medical director.
- Reviews orders placed for subspecialty referrals and assists in the management of processing orders.
- Works with interdisciplinary team to provide care to high-risk patient populations utilizing report management, patient education, and proactive approach to care.
- Assist in management of variety of specialty clinics, including identifying patients, assisting with procedures, and acting as a resource for scholars and volunteers as questions arise in clinic.
- Works to improve patient outcomes by utilizing the nursing process to make changes in the treatment plan in coordination with the patient, family, and provider.
- Liaison between volunteer specialist and their office to assist in coordinating care outside of Church Health.
- Prefer a minimum of five years as RN.
- Prefer experience in a variety of settings, most specifically subspecialty and adult care.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with RN Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Unrestricted valid TN Nursing License BLS Certified
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of standard nursing procedures and ability to utilize nursing judgement.
- Must be able to use critical thinking skills to solve problems and connect effectively with patients.
- Ability to manage Microsoft Office Suite, communicate effectively with a variety of patients and staff.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.