The Well Associate’s overall purpose is to provide quality care and education for children in The Well program. This is a prevention and wellness program for children and families. The Associate also leads group classes for families and children, collaborates with The Well staff, and assists in training interns and volunteers when needed.
Please submit a letter of interest along with your resume
- Teaching children 6 weeks to 12 years old and individual/ group exploration activities involving topics such as nutrition, physical activity, self-esteem, body image, safety education, and violence prevention.
- Assists in lesson planning under guidance of The Well leadership team.
- Designs flyers, displays, and other office-related team tasks such as data entry.
- Cleaning of work areas and materials (exercise mats, toys, etc.)
- High school diploma or GED is required. Candidates seeking a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the following areas are well suited for this placement: Education, Child Development, Dance, Family Studies, Nutrition, Health Promotion, Health Sciences, Population Health, Exercise Science, Psychology, Religious Studies, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year working directly with children.
- Experience with a wide variety of ages providing direct service to children and communicating with their families preferred.
- Bilingual is preferred.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone and computer, attention to detail, strong computer and data entry skills, team orientated, willingness to learn, and a strong sense of professionalism.
- Knowledgeable about children’s development and appropriate activities to offer.
- Strong desire to work with children of all ages, backgrounds, races, religions, and abilities.