Apply to the Church Health Scholars Program
The Church Health Scholars Program has a competitive application process that extends from October to February. An updated application schedule will be posted in October for the upcoming Scholar year. To submit an application, click the Scholars Application link below. To submit a letter of recommendation for a current candidate’s application, select the Letters of Recommendation button.
Review the Application Checklist and Tips section before submitting your application. Incomplete or applications that do not include required materials will be discarded.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, Church Health is unable to return individual emails or phone calls regarding the status of your application.
How to Apply
Application and Decision Periods
The Church Health Scholars Program operates under a rolling deadline. Applications received by February 10 will be given priority consideration. Final date to submit applications is March 30, 2020. Interviews and selections will continue until positions are filled.
Applications received after the March 30, 2020 deadline will not be considered.
September 28: Applications open.
February 10, 2020: Priority application deadline. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. CST for consideration.
February–May 2020: Application review and interviews.
May 8, 2020: Final decisions are made and notifications sent to candidates.
June, 2020: The 2020-21 Scholars class begin their service year. Start dates may be earlier or later based on individual candidate and area needs. All program activities begin in July.
- Do you qualify for Church Health Scholars? Before applying, please read through our requirements on the Who are Scholars? webpage to determine if you qualify.
- Church Health Scholars is a full-time professional service experience. Your application should be professional and well-thought out. It is strongly encouraged to have a professor or member of Career Services review both your resume and cover letter.
- Applicants must provide the following four items in order to be considered for a Scholars position. Applications missing any of these items will not be considered:
1. A resume with your work, education and community service experience
2. A personal statement detailing your interest in Church Health and your short- and long-term goals
3-4. Two professional and/or academic references. Both reference letters must be uploaded with your application. Family and friends will not be accepted as references.
- Contact information is a must! Provide a professional email address and phone number on your resume and application.
- Be sure to share your work, education and community service (volunteer) experience, but also share your interests and hobbies too! Consider including any internship experiences, certifications, language skills, unique skills and hobbies. These additions can help your application stand out during the review process
- Have a professor or member of Career Services review your resume before submitting your application.
- Correct spelling and grammar are important! Proofread all documents before submitting your application.