Print out and review the following handouts:
Top Spices and Herbs
Print out and review the following recipes:
Choose one recipe to cook this week. Each recipe makes at least 8 servings and directions for freezing, where applicable, are included on the recipe.
Shop for and cook your chosen recipe. Enjoy your recipe creation with family and friends.
Bowls (mise en place)
Dry measuring cups
Liquid measuring cup
Sauté pan (large) with lid
- Practice portioning your breakfast, lunch and dinners according to the guidelines from the nutrition presentation (1/2 fruits and vegetables, 1/4 starch, 1/4 protein).
- Look through your pantry and refrigerator and note items you would like to keep on hand for healthy cooking.
- Cook the second recipe included this week.
- Review the Nutrition Label on each recipe.
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post a photo of you and your recipe creation, tag @churchhealthmemphis on facebook or Instagram
Click the green button when you’re ready to advance to Week 4!