Nutrition at Church Health
Why do we eat what we eat? Emotions, habits, traditions, and convenience all play a role. Sometimes we just never learned to cook! The nutrition that comes from healthy food prevents disease and fuels full, active lives. That’s a good reason for all of us to dig in and understand the food we eat. Church Health’s Nutrition Hub provides access, education and training for our patients and neighbors to learn and love to make healthy meals. Bite by bite we will build a healthier community.
You can make an impact! Here’s how:
- Volunteer your time to cook healthy, nutritious meals for our patients. Learn more about Make a Meal, Share a Meal
- Bring your friends, family, colleagues or your congregation to a private class or team building event in our Nutrition Hub at Crosstown Concourse.
- Rent our kitchen and produce your own healthy food and nourish our neighbors. Learn more about Kitchen Rentals
Cook Well, Be Well will help you:
- Learn healthy cooking skills
- Become comfortable in the kitchen
- Build a healthy meal
- Cook on a budget
“Cook Well, Be Well really helped me in preparing new and exciting meals.”TonyaChurch Health patient
“With the help of Church Health nutritionists and primary care physicians, I lost 140 pounds and came off my diabetes medication.”JamesChurch Health patient
“This was one of the most helpful classes I have attended-would expect nothing less from Church Health programming. Have used what I have learned almost every day-thank you."HeatherCook Well, Be Well participant