Church Health Scholars
Build future leaders through work, curriculum, independent projects, and Memphis engagement.
Church Health Scholars seeks to build future leaders through a service-learning experience within a faith-based healthcare organization.
Applications are now open for the 2019-2020 Church Health Scholar year! Click here to apply.
About the Church Health Scholars Program
The Church Health Scholars program is a one-year, service learning fellowship for recent four-year college graduates interested in serving underserved populations and exploring the intersection of faith and health. By providing early exposure to honorable work through the Scholars program, Church Health aims to provide a firm foundation for Scholars to build professional and personal values, work ethic and perspective that forwards our mission to care for one another in our Memphis community.
Since its inception as the volunteer-based Clinic Assistant Program in the mid-1990’s, the Church Health Scholars program has helped participants launch careers as medical providers, community leaders and healthcare professionals.
Who Are Church Health Scholars?
Scholars are more than fellows and recent graduates. They are vital to the work of Church Health. Scholars interact with our staff and patients on a daily basis and bring a new sense of learning and compassion to the work we do. Like most who work with Church Health, many Scholars feel they are called to serve underserved populations. We are here for a purpose. And though our Scholars come from diverse backgrounds and locations, they are all driven, young professionals who value hard work and seek to change the world around them.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Recent 4-year college graduate (0-3 years out of college)
- Currently does not hold a master’s degree
- Not currently enrolled in a master’s degree program
To develop socially-conscious leaders
To develop Scholar understanding of the intersection of faith & health
To provide professional & career development
To foster a sense of community among Scholars
- Church Health Scholars is a robust program and expects dedication and hard work from participants. We work to attract high-performing, socially conscious applicants in order to help them deepen their knowledge and their passion.
- Church Health Scholars runs June to June. Scholars are expected to commit to the entire 12 months. Scholars needing to exit the program early will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The program strives to foster community. Scholars are expected to be active members of the Scholars community by attending all Scholar events and programming.
- Other expectations related to various program pieces can be found under the Program Description page.