Policy for Sick Children
If your child has experienced any of the following in the past 24 hours, they may not participate in activities at The Well:
- rash of unknown origin
- sent home from school or stayed home from school
This is to ensure the health of our staff and the other children in our care. If your child shows any signs of illness, they may be sent home.
If you would like to send a snack with your child, please send a healthy snack. Examples of healthy snacks:
- fruit or applesauce
- veggies with low-fat dip
- whole-grain crackers
- non-sugary cereal
- granola bars
- yogurt or cheese
Please do not bring peanut butter, fast food, candy, gum, chips, cookies, sugary drinks, sodas, or similar items.
What We Need From You
- Respect for our policies to keep children safe. Our policies are in place to keep your children safe and to be fair to all our members.
- Consistent guardian at pickup and dropoff. The parent/guardian that checks in your child is required to be the parent/guardian that checks the child out.
- Honest information about your child. Please let us know if there is anything special going on with you child or particular issues you would like to be addressed during your child’s time here. We love working together with families to support you in raising healthy children!
- Enthusiasm for your child’s progress. The Well encourages your child to work toward wellness goals for their body, mind and spirit. It is very important that you support your child and show interest in their progress.
- Use your words, not your hands. We are a sanctuary for health, We are a no-hitting zone. This means corporal punishment, such as spanking, must not be used. We are happy to offer you information about alternative ways to discipline your child.
What You Can Expect From Us
- High-quality care and a safe environment for your children
- Fun activities to encourage your child’s health, learning, and well-being
- Opportunities for your child to grow in body, mind, and spirit
- Opportunities for fun family events
- Open communication