The dental assistant’s overall purpose is to make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain dental records. Serves as a chair side assistant to the dentist and assumes responsibility for dental area, supplies, etc.
- Provides direct patient care and chair side assistance to dentists.
- Performs routine lab procedures, pours impressions, makes opposing impressions, and builds bite blocks. Minor denture repairs and other related duties as assigned.
- Effectively troubleshoots issues with patients, staff, volunteers and others.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies; and placing & expediting orders for supplies.
- Sterilizes instruments and prepares trays. Performs prophy polishing procedure. Maintains equipment; oils, cleans and sanitizes dental hand pieces.
- High school diploma and registration or certification as dental assistant.
- Must be Bilingual, Spanish and English-speaking.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in a similar position.