Church Health – Baptist Memorial Health Care
Family Medicine Residency Program
a one-of-a-kind Residency experience in the heart of Memphis, Tennessee.
This opportunity offers Residents opportunities to experience Family Medicine in a leading hospital system, the largest faith-based charitably-funded nonprofit health clinic and in a thriving community committed to serving the underserved. Our focus is to bring expertise, compassion and a deep understanding of Social Determinants of Health to engage patients, provide exceptional care and ensure well-being for patients and their families.
What are you looking for in a Family Medicine Residency?
Do you crave the freedom to care for the whole person, body and spirit, and not just the disease?
Are you convinced that the practice of medicine is more than applying technology and prescribing pills?
Do your spiritual values call you to merge healthcare with issues of justice, faith and community?
Do you want to work in the company of physicians, dentists, optometrists, behavioral health professionals and wellness experts?
About the Family Medicine Residency
In partnership with Baptist Memorial Health Care, Church Health is committed to serving as the foundation for new doctors and providing physician role models.
Our Family Medicine Residency follows curriculum guidelines set forth by the ACGME as well as an added focus on physician advocacy for the underserved. We train physician leaders to understand the role that health systems and social disparities play in the lives of patients. Our residents learn how to empower families and heal communities through opportunities with Church Health Outreach Partners such as Perea Preschool, Dorothy Day House and others.
Residents are trained in Church Health’s integrated, whole-person model of care, based on the organization’s Model for Healthy Living. The Model identifies the seven core areas of a person’s health – movement, medical, work, emotional, nutrition, friends and family and faith life.
About the Partnership
Co-sponsored by Baptist Memorial Health Care and Church Health, our mission is to provide Family Medicine resident education in an environment of high-quality clinical continuums.
The Family Medicine Residency reflects the synergenic missions of both partners:
Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
We care for the whole person, body and spirit, and not just the disease.
We help people discover the connection between faith and health.
We merge healthcare with issues of justice, faith and community.
Minimum Application Criteria
- Graduation from LCME accredited, AOA-approved, or Accredited International medical school with:
- USMLE Steps 1 and 2 scores of 200 or above; Passing on Step 2 Clinical Skills or
- COMLEX scores for Steps 1 and 2 of 440 or above; Passing on COMLEX 2 Clinical Skills
- Applications will be considered for exceptional applicants if Step 2 scores are pending if results will be available before January 31st
- ECFMG certification is required for all International graduates
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Graduation from medical school must be within the past five years
Get to Know Memphis!
Memphis is a city distinguished by its dynamic history, spirit of entrepreneurship, strong faith communities and a creative community. Get to know our (and hopefully your) new home:
Meet Memphis: Choose901.com
- Do you have a spouse, partner, significant other or friend looking for jobs in Memphis?
- Explore the places and people that promote nature (Shelby Farms, Explore Bike Share, Harahan Bridge, Greenline, Shelby Forest, etc.)
- Tell me the facts! NewMemphis.org/Facts
- Care to Volunteer? Visit Volunteer Odyssey
- Sign up for the Choose901 newsletter
Your Home Away from Home: Crosstown Concourse
Crosstown Concourse is the product of nearly five generations of innovators, dreamers, and builders. It’s the product of the generations who built its walls, populated its halls, and created communities – inside and out – with their labor and an unspoken creed: Better Together. Since 2017, it’s been the home of Church Health, 265 apartments and more than 45 other businesses, drawing thousands of visitors each week and sharing a passion for health, education and the arts.
Make your connection at: CrosstownConcourse.com