Family Medicine Residency Programa partnership between Baptist and Church Health
What are you looking for in a Family Medicine Residency?
- Do you crave the freedom to care for the whole person, body and spirit, and not just the disease?
- Are you convinced that the practice of medicine is more than applying technology and prescribing pills?
- Do you want to help people discover the connection between faith and health?
- Do your spiritual values call you to merge healthcare with issues of justice, faith and community?
About the Family Medicine Residency
Our Family Medicine Residency follows curriculum guidelines set forth by the ACGME as well as an added focus on physician advocacy for the underserved. We train physician leaders to understand the role that health systems and social disparities play in the lives of patients. Our residents learn how to empower families and heal communities through opportunities with Church Health Outreach Partners such as Perea Preschool, Dorothy Day House, Pyramid Peak Foundation, and others.
Residents are trained in Church Health’s integrated, whole-person model of care, based on the organization’s Model for Healthy Living. The Model identifies the seven core areas of a person’s health – movement, medical, work, emotional, nutrition, friends and family and faith life.
About the Partnership
Co-sponsored by Baptist Memorial Health Care and Church Health, our mission is to provide Family Medicine resident education in an environment of high-quality clinical continuums.
The Family Medicine Residency reflects the synergenic missions of both partners:
Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
Minimum Application Criteria
- Graduation from LCME accredited, AOA-approved, or Accredited International medical school with:
- USMLE Steps 1 and 2 scores of 200 or above; Passing on Step 2 Clinical Skills or
- COMLEX scores for Steps 1 and 2 of 440 or above; Passing on COMLEX 2 Clinical Skills
- Applications will be considered for exceptional applicants if Step 2 scores are pending if results will be available before January 31st
- ECFMG certification is required for all International graduates
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Graduation from medical school must be within the past five years.